Buying a used car: Automatic vs. manual transmission
Publised : November 21, 2013
Something every car buyer needs to consider is whether they should buy a car with manual or automatic transmission. Consider the features of both.
- Cheaper. You will see that if you look at a certain model of a car with manual transmission, it will be cheaper than the same model with an automatic transmission. Manual transmissions also have less maintenance cost.
- Better gas mileage. With the driver in complete control of shifting gears, the car doesn’t rev up as much and this saves on fuel costs.
- Complete control over the vehicle.
- More complicated to use if you are not accustomed to driving stick shift.
- More expensive than manual transmissions.
- Easy to use. Requires less thinking than driving stick shift. Better if you find stick shift driving to be a distraction.
- Much better for city driving. Driving in rush hour with a manual transmission can be exhausting since you have to constantly switch gears.
- Higher resale value. Vehicles with automatic transmissions are more popular and therefore more in demand.
Whether you’ve decided on an automatic or a manual vechicle, we at Real Motor Japan have a wide selection to meet your needs. Please click here to view our used automatic vehicles, and here for used manual vehicles.