Publised : November 21, 2013
Even when you take good care of your car, roadside emergencies can be inevitable. Instead of panicking, you can take steps ahead of time to be prepared.
1. Keep extra fluids in your car. If your car starts acting up, it could be a simple problem with one of your fluids. Coolant, oil, and windshield wiper fluid are good ones to keep in the boot of your car.
2. Having an extra blanket is good to have even if you don’t live in a cold climate. A blanket can also be used to lie on when checking things underneath the car or changing a tire.
3. You should always keep jumper cables in your car. This way you can call a friend or flag down someone to help you instead of paying to get your car towed.
4. A flashlight is important to have in case you break down at night. You should also have road flares to warn other drivers of your road trouble so that they can slow down.
5. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher. Car fires can happen for various reasons and can be deadly. In some countries it is mandatory to keep a fire extinguisher in your car.